9/21/07

This year on the seventh of JUly, all the Primary5 pupils in my school went to view the Ntional Day Prade Rehearsal. The National Day Prade is held to commemorate Singapore's independence. The rehearsal was held in Marina Bay, on the floating platform. This year's National Day Parade is not held at the usual Singapore National Stadium, but on the floating platform instead. The floating platform is actually an ordinary platform which is floating on water and surrounded by water.
It is compulsory to attend the National Day Parade rehearsal, unless you have a valid reason. That is bacause the government wants us to learn the importance of doing our part as a Singaporean.
There were many different events in the celebration. The ones that excited me more were probably the boatrace and the fireworks. Initially, I did not really like the singing as it was too soft. I also found some of the other events quite boring. The reason why i liked the boatrace was because I could actually feel the tension and excitement bubbling in me as the boats raced against each other. Also, the boat on our side won.
I found the fireworks very fascinating as they practically lit up the whole sky. They constrasted sharply against the nightsky, making then look brighter then usual. All the time during the fireworks display, everyone shouted and screamed at the top of their lungs! The noise was unbearable and I had to cover my ears to prevent myself from going deaf.
I felt very proud of my country when everyone stood up and sang the National Anthem. After the preview of the National Day Parade, we were sent home. As we walked towards the buses, my friends and I dumped our trashbags into a huge container. I felt very happy as I had experienced and viewed the National Day Rehearsal.

No comments: